1.1 Definitions: As you read these Conditions of Carriage, the following expressions mean:
- “Airline Designator Code” The letter and number code which identify a particular carrier.
- “Flight Operations” The operation of turbo propellers and jet aircrafts.
- “Authorized Agent” A passenger sales agent who has been appointed to represent us in selling air transportation on our services.
- “Airline Designator” The letter and number code which identify a particular Carrier.
- “Baggage” Your personal property accompanying you on your flight. Unless otherwise specified, it includes both your Checked and Unchecked Baggage.
- “Baggage Check” A document issued to Passenger by us as proof of receipt for Checked Baggage and which relate to the carriage of Checked Baggage and includes the Baggage Identification Tag.
- “Baggage Identification Tag” A document issued by us solely for identification of Checked Baggage.
- “Boarding Pass” The boarding document exclusively issued by us upon check-in.
- “Carrier” An air carrier that carries or undertakes to carry the passenger and/his baggage or performs or undertakes to perform any other services related to such air carriage.
- “Charges” The Passenger Service Charge, Administrative Charges, Fuel Surcharge and the Insurance Surcharge or any charges, which may be levied from time to time.
- “Checked Baggage” Baggage of which we take custody and for which we have issued a Baggage Identification Tag; it is also sometimes referred to as “registered baggage”.
- “Code” The Malaysian Aviation Consumer Protection Code 2016 including all amendments made from time to time.
- “Conditions of Contract” Those statements contained in or delivered with the Itinerary, identified as such and which incorporate by reference, these General Conditions of Carriage and notices available at our offices and check-in counters.
- “Convention” The Conventions as applicable under the Carriage by Air Act 1974.
- “Damage” Includes death, bodily injury to a passenger, loss or damage to the Baggage or loss or damage suffered by a passenger caused by delay, and any loss, partial loss or other damage of Baggage, arising out of or in connection with carriage or other services incidental thereto performed by us.
- “Fees Schedule” The schedule as published in our Website listing the prevailing surcharges, fees, taxes, processing fees and service charges, which may be amended from time to time.
- “General Conditions of Carriage” This Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
- “Itinerary” The document we issue to Passenger either on paper or in digital or electronic format containing Passenger’s name, flight information, booking number, Conditions of Contract and other notices, which we may include therein.
- “Passenger, you, yours and yourself” Any person, except members of the crew, carried or to be carried in an aircraft with our consent and expressly named in a Ticket or Itinerary.
- “Route” The flight from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination.
- “Regulations”, Our terms and conditions, other than these Conditions of Carriage, published by us and in effect on the date of ticket issued, governing carriage of passengers and/or baggage and shall include any applicable tariff in force. A copy of the relevant terms and conditions may be viewed at www.fireflyz.com.my.
- “Seat” A seat in our aircraft operated for your flight.
- “Tariff” The published fares, charges, and related conditions of carriage of an airline which have been filed where required with the appropriate authorities and published electronically or on paper.
- “Ticket” The Itinerary and receipt issued by us or on our behalf either on paper or in digital or electronic format, detailing the Passenger’s name, flight information and booking number as contained in our database, including all notices, these General Conditions of Carriage and Regulations.
- “Unchecked Baggage” Any baggage other than Checked Baggage including all items brought by you into our aircraft cabin in accordance with our Regulations.
- “We, our, ourselves, us and Carrier” Firefly or Flyfirefly Sdn Bhd.
- “Website” The internet site www.fireflyz.com.my provided by us for making online bookings and to access information about us.
1.2 Captions: The title or caption of each Article of these General Conditions of Carriage is for convenience only and is not to be used for interpretation of the text.
1.3 Language: The language of these General Conditions of Carriage is English and irrespective of publication of translations of these General Conditions of Carriage into other languages, English shall be the sole language used in the interpretation of these General Conditions of Carriage.
Version 2.4 (01 March 2022)