Firefly Terms & Conditions of Other Products and Services
- Hand & Checked Baggage
- Seat Selection
- Inflight Purchases
- Taxi Booking Service
- Prepaid Change Fee
- Connecting Communities Programme
Hand & Checked Baggage
- Reference is made to FY GCC Passenger & Baggage Clause 8, sub-clause 8.9.
- Pursuant to the above mentioned sub-clause 8.9, passengers who are found to have carried with them hand baggage (unchecked baggage) exceeding the allowed piece, dimension and/or weight, shall be imposed a charge (please refer to the Fees Schedule) and the excess hand baggage will be checked-in prior to boarding of the aircraft. Payment for such charge shall be made in cash.
- Firefly will make every attempt to transport excess hand baggage checked-in from the gate on the same flight as the passenger. This is however further subject to operational requirements.
- Firefly will not be liable for any loss due to lost/delayed/pilfered/damaged unchecked baggage claimed or suffered by the passenger.
- Passengers who are found to have carried with them hand baggage (unchecked baggage) exceeding the allowed piece, dimension and/or weight and who refuse to check-in their excess hand baggage at the boarding gate will be subjected to FY GCC Passenger & Baggage Clause 7, Sub-Clause 7.1(e).
Terms & Conditions for online seat selection
- Passenger can book preferred seats with travel companions;
- If passenger chooses not to select a seat, the airline will automatically assign vacant seat/s to the passenger and travel companions at the point of check-in. There is no guarantee that the passenger and travel companions will be seated together and would be given seat preference;
- A charge will be levied for every seat selection. Please refer to our fee schedulefor further information;
- Fees are non-refundable;
- Available at least 2 hours prior to flight departure.
- Seats are assigned separately for outbound and return flights;
- Fees are non-transferable to another booking;
- The airline reserves the right to block off selected seats;
- Seat requests may not be accommodated at check-in if passengers do not meet the criteria on emergency exit row seats;
- Some exit row seats cannot be reclined as they would obstruct access to the exit;
- For safety reasons, passengers travelling with infants are only allowed to occupy certain seats. If there is more than 1 infant seated in a row, passenger may be moved by cabin crew for safety reasons;
- Passengers with medical conditions are advised to contact Call Centre to arrange for their seat selection and for other special assistance requests;
- If flight has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control or in cases of aircraft change for operational reasons, the airline will make best effort to place the passenger in the same or similar seats on the alternate flight.
Terms & Conditions on Emergency Exit Row Seats
- Passenger must be at least 18 years older;
- Passenger must be able to understand and carry out instructions which will be given in English onboard the flight;
- Passenger must be able to speak in English;
- Passenger must not be travelling with someone that requires his/ her assistance in an emergency;
- Passenger must be fit and able-bodied;
- Passenger must not have any permanent or temporary impairment (e.g. deaf, hearing impaired, blind, vision impaired, any strength or mobility limitation or intellectual impairment);
- Passenger must be able to check outside conditions and react to crew commands;
- Passenger must be able to reach, open, lift and throw out the exit door in an emergency;
- Passenger must acknowledge the exit row briefing given by Cabin Crew once onboard the aircraft;
- Passenger must be willing to help or assist cabin attendants in the unlikely event of an evacuation/ emergency situation;
- Passenger must not be seated with an infant;
- Passenger must not require the use of an extension seat belt;
- Passenger must not be elderly.
Terms & Conditions for In-flight Products
- The provision of in-flight products is subject to availability.
- In-flight products or are non-refundable and non-transferable once purchased.
- The airline does not accept any bookings or changes to in-flight products within 24 hours from the scheduled flight departure time.
- The boarding pass is proof of purchase of pre-booked products or meals and must be presented to the cabin crew onboard to redeem the pre-booked products.
- All prices quoted for pre-booked products are correct at the time of booking. However, the airline reserves the right, without prior notice, to amend/change the prices or substitute any component of the pre-booked products.
Taxi Booking Service
- “Passenger”, “you”, “your” and “yourself” means any person booking a service for taxis through www.fireflyz.com.my
- “We”, “our”, “ourselves”, and “us” means Firefly.
- Passenger booking a taxi through www.fireflyz.com.my (the “Taxi Booking Services”) will be subject to a Taxi Booking Fee of Six Ringgit Malaysia (RM6) per taxi payable to Firefly.
- Passengers will separately be subject to a meter charge plus a fixed and regulated surcharge, if applicable, for the subsequent taxi service payable to Sunlight Taxi Sdn Bhd and be subject to Sunlight Taxi Sdn Bhd’s terms, conditions and regulations relating to taxi charges for travel from the Passengers’ point of origin to Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, Subang Skypark Terminal (“Subang Airport”).
- Taxi Booking Services are only available for one-way transportation from the Passenger’s pick-up point (which shall be within Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, Malaysia only) to Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, Subang Skypark Terminal (“Subang Airport”) only.
- When making a Taxi Booking Service, you must select a pick-up time that ensures you arrive at the airport with sufficient time to check in:
- Check-in counters at Subang Airport: open one and a half (1.5) hours and close thirty (30) minutes before estimated time of departure;
- You are responsible for presenting yourself at the check-in counters not later than the time set out above;
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or expense you suffer if you fail to meet check-in deadlines, fail to present yourself for check-in on time or fail to be at the boarding gate on time.
We shall not be liable for any delay, loss, injury, or damage to you, including the missing of your flight if such delay, loss, injury, or damage is caused by the acts or omissions of Sunlight Taxi Sdn Bhd or relating to the taxi services.
For enquiries or complaints passengers may contact Sunlight Taxi Sdn Bhd via:
- Call Centre: 1-300-800-222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: No.13, Jalan Bunga Melati, Taman Maju Jaya 56100 Kuala Lumpur
Prepaid Change Fee
- “Passenger”, “you”, “your” and “yourself” means any person purchasing the Prepaid Change Fee through www.fireflyz.com.my
- “We”, “our”, “ourselves”, and “us” means Firefly.
- A Prepaid Change Fee (“Prepaid Change Fee”) is a fee imposed on Passengers who wish to reserve their option to change the flight date or flight time (the “Change”) of their flight itinerary.
- The Prepaid Change Fee is offered to Passengers purchasing their flight online through www.fireflyz.com.my
- Prepaid Change Fee can only be purchased outside of seventy-two (72) hours prior to scheduled flight departure time;
- The Prepaid Change Fee Structure is as outlined in our Fee Schedule
- Passengers purchasing the Prepaid Change Fee online shall be subject to the following conditions:
- Change shall only be allowed outside of forty-eight (48) hours prior to scheduled flight departure time;
- Once payment for Prepaid Change Fee has been made, such payment is non-cancellable, and non-refundable;
- Prepaid Change Fee is applicable for one (1) change only; i.e. one flight date or one flight time change despite both changes occurring on the same flight;
- Where Passenger has bought a return ticket, change is only allowed on one route only, i.e. either flight date or flight time change on Passenger’s outbound flight or on Passenger’s inbound flight;
- If a lower fare is available, the difference in fares will not be refunded to the Passenger;
- If the new flight booked is in a higher fare class than that of the cancelled booked flight, the difference in fares shall be paid by the Passenger before the cancellation or change can be made;
- Changes are subject to fare rules.
Donation for the Connecting Communities Programme
Effective 4 February 2014:
By checking the box, it is deemed that you have elected to give a donation (“Donor”) in response to the Connecting Communities Programme (the “Programme”), and have read and agreed to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you wish not to participate in the Programme or do not agree to be bound or cannot comply with any of the terms and conditions, please do not participate in this donation by unchecking the box.
- Thank you for contributing to the Programme (“Donation”). Your Donation shall be made to the Malaysian Aids Foundation (MAF).
- The Donation period is from 4 February 2014 until 3 May 2014 (the “Donation Period”)
- This Donation is open to customers of FlyFirefly Sdn Bhd (“FY”) who purchase FY flight ticket(s) via www.fireflyz.com.my during the Donation Period.
- Terms of your Donation
- The amount of RM1.00 per purchase transaction will be remitted by FY to MAF. This amount excludes the total price of the flight ticket fare(s).
- Your Donation is immediate and irrevocable upon confirmation; accordingly, FY cannot refund or cancel your Donation made for any reason whatsoever.
- FY will collect your Donation and remit the same to MAF at no further administrative costs. FY is not liable for any delays related to the transmission of Donation to MAF. For clarity, MAF has the exclusive legal control over all Donation amounts.
- FY reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Programme without any prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, termination or suspension by FY of the Programme shall not entitle the Donor to any claim or compensation against FY, its agents and employees for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or an indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension thereof.
- FY shall not be liable for any disruption during the Donation Period, whether due to technical problems or otherwise.
- Donor understands and agrees that the Donation through FY shall be at Donor’s own discretion and risk. FY, its agents, employees, representatives, affiliates, parents and subsidiaries shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential losses) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with or arising from participation in this Donation.
- Donor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless FY and its agents, employees, representatives, affiliates, parents and subsidiaries (“Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings arising from or concerning Donor use of the service (collectively “Claims”), and to reimburse the Indemnified Party on demand for any losses, costs, judgments, fees, fines and other expenses the Indemnified Party incur as a result of any Claims.
- FY expressly disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all express, implied, and statutory warranties, including without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
- All information submitted by Donor in participation of the Donation shall belong to FY. All personal data collected pursuant to the Donation will not be used nor published save for the purpose of flight booking.
- FY reserves the right to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions without prior notice or liability to you, any other user or any third party. Please review these terms from time to time so that you will be apprised of any changes. Use of this service following a change to the terms constitutes agreement to the new terms. If you cannot comply with the amended terms, your only remedy is to cease any future donations.
- These terms and conditions contain the complete agreement between FY and Donor with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings or representations contained in any other promotional materials advertising the Programme, whether oral or written.
- The failure or delay of FY to exercise any of its rights under these terms or upon any breach of this terms and conditions shall not be deemed a waiver of those rights or of the breach.
- This terms and conditions shall in all respect, include all matters of construction, validity and performance be governed by, construed and enforced exclusively in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. FY and Donor shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
- If any provision of this terms and conditions shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- If you have any queries regarding the above, please do contact us at:
Customer care hotline: +603 - 7845 4543