Firefly Holiday will launch CNY Holiday Packages on January 16
10 January 2012
Subang - In conjunction with the Chinese New Year holiday season, Firefly Holiday (www.fireflyholiday.com) will launch seven online holiday packages from January 16 until the end of the month, mainly to domestic and neighbouring beach destinations covered by Firefly’s network.
Packages start from RM509 for three days/ two nights Subang to Langkawi, inclusive of flights on Firefly with twin share accommodation at Awana Porto Malai Langkawi.
Other packages, inclusive of flights and accommodation, include:
- 3 days/ 2 nights Penang free & easy at Hard Rock Hotel Penang from RM689;
- 3 days/ 2 nights Phuket free & easy at Baramee Resort from RM619;
- 4 days/ 3 nights Medan Lake Toba full board package at Inna Parapat & Sibayak/ Grand Mutiara Hotel Berastagi & Best Western Asean International Hotel in Medan from RM819;
- 3 days/ 2 nights Koh Samui free & easy at Samui Cliff View Resort & Spa from RM979;
- 3 days/ 2 nights Singapore free & easy at Concorde Hotel Singapore from RM1,139;
- 4 days/ 3 nights fly and cruise with SuperStar Libra (Penang – Phuket – Krabi - Penang) with return flights departing from Subang to Penang, from RM1,249;
Firefly’s Head of Marketing & Communications, Angelina C Fernandez, said: “We’re providing customers with a selection of beach and island getaways, each with their own attractions and charms.
“We’re also promoting Singapore as there are some fairly new attractions in the Lion City such as Resorts World Sentosa and the Singapore Flyer. We realise that parents with young children may want to combine their holiday with an educational visit to some attractions such as Singapore Night Safari and Science Centre Singapore, to name a few.”
Background on Firefly
Firefly, a wholly owned subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines, began operations in April 2007. Currently, it operates a fleet of 12 ATR 72-500 turboprop out of Penang and Subang, connecting secondary destinations within the Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle as well as providing air linkages between Malaysia and Singapore.
Firefly provides incredible value as well as convenient flight timings and excellent service to its passengers. On the ATR 72-500, passengers are allowed 20kg check-in baggage allowance, provided complimentary in-flight refreshment, assigned seating and convenient city airports.
Firefly had also received numerous awards and recognition. The most recent was on November 15, 2011 when Firefly was conferred “Superbrand” status. In July 2011, Firefly’s Managing Director, Dato’ Eddy Leong had been honoured for his outstanding leadership qualities and was awarded the Global Leadership Awards for Community Airline Sector.
Awards received last year include the 2010 Frost & Sullivan Value Airline of the Year award and the Green Initiative of the Year award by Leaders in Aviation in conjunction with the Doha Aviation Summit. Firefly is also recognised as the Best Brand in Aviation for the Brand Laureate. Firefly connects with the world through Facebook and Twitter.