Hand and Checked-Baggage Information
- ONE piece of hand-baggage per passenger
- Weighs 7kg or less
- No bigger than 56cm x 36cm x 23cm
- Can fit under the seat in front of you or in the
overhead cabin compartment.
Firefly has a strict hand-baggage policy to ensure cabin safety and comfort: Each passenger can carry ONE piece of hand-baggage onboard that weighs 7kg or less, is no bigger than 56cmx36cmx23cm, and can fit under the seat in front of you or in the overhead cabin compartment.
Baggage that exceeds 7kg or set dimensions, or is deemed offensive in nature will be checked into the baggage hold at Boarding Gate and RM50 fee per piece (subject to terms and conditions*) will be charged.
In addition to one piece of hand-baggage, each passenger is allowed ONE personal item such as:
- A handbag, pocket book or purse.
- A briefcase.
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket.
- Electronic equipment such as laptop, iPad and camera.
- A small camera or a pair of binoculars.
- A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight.
- Baby food for consumption in-flight.
- Walking stick/canes or crutches and/or braces/prosthetic devices, which the passenger is dependent on.
Firefly takes great responsibility in ensuring cabin comfort and safety. Having a hand-baggage policy in place means our passengers enjoy the comfort of a well-kept cabin, free of any inconvenience and hazards because:
- Movement into and out of seats is easier
- Smoother passenger boarding and disembarkation is enhanced
- In the unlikely event of a emergency evacuation, movement will not be hampered
- All security items such as knives, nail clippers, blades, or any sharp and/or pointed objects, aerosol cans are strictly forbidden in hand-baggage and must be packed into your checked-baggage.
Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAG)
On board international flights, there are certain restrictions to limit the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels (LAG) that passengers may include in their hand-carry luggage.
- LAG items such as drinks, creams, perfumes, sprays, gels and toothpaste must be in containers that have a maximum capacity of 100 ml/mg.
- All LAG containers must fit comfortably in a transparent resealable plastic bag.
- Each passenger is limited to only one transparent resealable plastic bag with a volume no greater than one litre. Bags such as freezer bags (20cm x 20cm or 25cm x 15cm) sold in most supermarkets are ideal for this purpose.
- Please ensure that the perimeter of all four sides of the transparent resealable plastic bag do not exceed 80cm.
Passengers will need to remove the resealable bag from their hand-baggage so that it can be screened separately at the international departure gate screening point. Please be advised that the airport screening staff have the last word on what constitutes liquid, aerosol or gel and will ensure that all such items are removed and disposed of.
For more information on restricted items in baggage, please read our General Conditions of Carriage for Passenger and Baggage, Clause 8 Baggage, sub-clause 8.1.
Buy Checked-Baggage Allowance Online and Save
Firefly passengers receive 20kg of complimentary checked-baggage allowance and can buy heavier checked-baggage categories of 25kg, 30kg and 35kg online, through call centre or at sales offices
Passengers who exceed their complimentary 20kg checked-baggage allowance at the check-in counter will incur excess-baggage fees; heavier categories cannot be bought at check-in counter.
Should a passenger exceed the purchased checked-baggage allowance, excess-baggage fees apply; each individual piece of checked baggage cannot exceed 32kg.
Collapsible baby strollers or non-electrical wheelchairs are checked in for free; sports equipment, however, will incur sports equipment handling fee.
To learn more about our hand-baggage and checked-baggage policies, visit our FAQ page.