Check-in and Other Carriage Requirements
6.1 Check-In, Deadlines and Conditions: Our check-in counters are open ninety (90) minutes and close thirty (30) minutes before the domestic scheduled flight departure time and forty five (45) minutes for international scheduled flight departure time. Check-in deadlines may vary at different airports and for particular flights; it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with these deadlines, the particulars of which will be available at the time you make your booking. In any event, without derogating from the generality of other provisions of these General Conditions of Carriage governing the right of refusal of carriage, we reserve the right not to allow you to check in without any liability to you and without having to refund to you any Tariff paid:
- if you fail to have proper identification or fail to identify yourself to our staff as Passenger;
- if you fail to have the proper valid documents, permits, visa or necessary for travel to or entry into a particular place or country;
- if you have not fully paid any fare or other fees or charges due to us;
- if you have been violent to our staff or caused any disturbance or nuisance at our counter or have abused our staff whether physically or verbally;
- if you are prohibited from checking in or boarding the aircraft by the Government or any other authorities for any reason whatsoever;
- if in our judgment, you are not fit to travel due to intoxication or any obvious adverse medical condition;
- if in our judgment, you are not medically fit to travel or your medical condition poses or could pose a danger or threat to the health of other passengers or the smooth operation of the flight; and/or
- if you will not surrender your travel documents for our or our agents’ or authorities’ inspection or to be lawfully held by them when so requested.
6.1.2 Self Check-in: We offer self-check-in facilities via web or kiosk for selected flights. The facilities are subject to specific requirements which may be viewed on our website under “Self Check-In”.
6.1.3 No changes after Check-In: Once you have Checked-In, you are not allowed to make any changes to your booking.
6.2 Boarding: You must be at the boarding gate at least thirty (30) minutes before the scheduled departure time. Priority for boarding is given to the handicapped, elderly and those traveling with young children and requiring special assistance.
6.3 No-show: If you fail to check in on time or fail to board the aircraft by the time the aircraft departs; the Tariff you paid will not be refunded to you for any reason whatsoever.
6.4 Compliance: You are solely responsible for complying with all laws, regulations, orders, demands and requirements of countries flown from, into or over and with our General Conditions of Carriage (and any Special Conditions), notices and instructions given by us relating thereto. We shall not be liable in any way whatsoever to you in connection with obtaining necessary documents and/or approvals or complying with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, notices, requirements or instructions, whether given orally or in writing or otherwise, or for the consequences to you resulting from your failure to obtain such documents or to comply with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, notices, requirements or instructions.
6.5 Travel Documents: You are responsible for obtaining and must possess and have available for presentation as required by the relevant authorities all entry and exit, health and other documents required by law, regulations, order, demands or requirements of the countries flown from, into or over. We reserve the right to deny the boarding of any Passenger who has not complied with, or whose documents do not appear to comply with, such applicable laws, regulations, orders, demands or requirements.
6.6 Documents Advisory: You are required to produce the following document(s) of identification (whichever applicable) at the point of check-in:-
6.6.1 In respect of domestic Routes: Adults are required to produce a Photo Identification or valid Passport for all flights. Copies of children’s Birth Certificates** are required to be produced before they are allowed to board.
Malaysian children travelling to Sabah or Sarawak:
- Children under the age of 12 are allowed to board by producing either original of their birth certificates or MyKid cards.
- Children aged 12 and above shall be required to produce their original birth certificates or MyKad cards.
** The following shall qualify in lieu of Birth Certificates for children: MyKid for Malaysia, National ID Card for Thailand, Kartu Keluarga for Indonesia and passports for all other countries.
6.6.2 In respect of international Routes: All passengers must possess and produce valid Passports with at least six (6) months’ validity and the applicable valid visas. Such Passengers shall possess a return or an onward journey ticket.
6.7 Refusal of Entry: You agree to pay the applicable Tariff and/or penalties or fines whenever we, on order of any Government or immigration authority, are required to return you to your point of origin or elsewhere, due to your inadmissibility into a country, whether of transit or destination. In such event the fare paid for your travel will not be refunded to you.
6.8 Passenger Responsible for Fines, Detention Costs, etc.: If we are required to pay or deposit any fine or penalty or to incur any expenditure by reason of your failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements of the countries flown from, into or over or to produce the required documents, you shall on demand reimburse to us any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred or to be paid. We may apply towards such payment or expenditure the value of any carriage unused by you, or any funds due to you, which are still in our possession.
6.9 Security Inspections: You shall submit to any security or health checks by Government or airport officials or by us.
Version 2.1 (1 July 2016)