8.1 Items Unacceptable as Baggage or to be Carried Inside Baggage: We reserve the right to refuse carriage of such Baggage or such items found in Baggage as follows:
- Items improperly packed, to ensure safe carriage with ordinary care and handling;
- Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and in our General Conditions of Carriage and Conditions of Contract.
- Items the carriage of which is prohibited by applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state or country to be flown from, to or over;
- Items which in our reasonable opinion are unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, shape, size, odour or character;
- Live or dead animals;
- Human or animal remains;
Cremated human ashes are acceptable for carriage as checked-in or cabin baggage subject to the following conditions :
- Passenger is in possession of all necessary documents which includes the certificate of cremation and the certificate of death issued by the competent authority;
- The cremated human ashes are securely and properly packaged in a suitable air tight container;
- If the container is carried as checked-in baggage, the container must be properly cushioned and safe from breakage;
- If the container is carried as cabin baggage, the container must be placed safely inside Passenger's cabin baggage and may be carried in addition to Passenger's permitted piece of normal cabin baggage.
- Be advised that further search/check may occur at airport security
- Fragile or perishable items, or fresh or frozen seafood or other meats provided that such items may be carried on board as hand luggage only if we are satisfied that they have been properly packed. Only styrofoam and/or cooler boxes containing dry food/non-perishables are allowed to be checked-in after inspection of contents by relevant authorities. Should passengers refuse inspection, we have the right to reject admission of Baggage;
- Restricted articles such as explosives, flammable or non-inflammable gas (such as aerosol paints, butane gas, lighter refills) refrigerated gas (such as filled aqualung cylinders, liquid nitrogen), flammable liquids (such as paints, thinners, solvents) flammable solids (such as matches, fire lighters), organic peroxides (such as resins), poisons, infective substances (such as viruses, bacteria), radioactive material (such as radium) corrosive materials (such as acid, alkali, mercury, thermometers), magnetic substances, oxidizing materials (such as bleaches).
- Risk items such as any form of weapons, antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items provided that such items may be allowed as Checked Baggage at our absolute discretion for very special reasons. These cannot be carried into the aircraft for any reason whatsoever.
- Electronic cigarettes (E-cigarettes), personal vaporizers or any other electronic simulated smoking materials and products are not allowed as items in Checked Baggage and are required to be carried on board as hand luggage for passenger use at destination provided they remain stowed at all times and are unused in the passenger's hand luggage. Use of any of these items on board our aircraft is strictly prohibited at all times.
8.2 Valuable and Fragile Goods: Passengers are strongly advised not to check in such items as Baggage. If they are checked in as Baggage, Passengers agree they send for carriage of such items at their own risk and we will not be liable for the Damage of such items. Such items include money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, electronic devices, computers, cameras, video equipment, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, passports and other identification documents, title deeds, artefacts, manuscripts and the like.
8.3 Right to Search: For reasons of safety and security, you may be required to undergo a search, x-ray or other type of scan on your person or your Baggage. We reserve the right to search your Baggage in your absence if you are not available, for the purpose of determining whether you are in possession of or whether your Baggage contains any unacceptable or prohibited items. If you refuse to comply with such searches or scans we reserve the right to refuse carriage of you and your Baggage without refund of fare and without any other liability to you. In the event that a search or scan causes injury to you or damage to your Baggage, we shall not be liable for such injury or damage unless the same is due to our negligence.
8.4 Checked Baggage: Upon delivery to us of Baggage to be checked, we shall take custody thereof and issue a Baggage Check for each piece of Checked Baggage. Checked Baggage must have your name or other personal identification affixed securely to it. Checked Baggage will be carried on the same aircraft as you unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your Checked Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight we will deliver the same to you within a reasonable time to the airport of departure or arrival of that flight unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance.
8.4.1 Pooling of Baggage: It is permitted subject to the following conditions:
- Passengers must check in at the same time;
- Passengers must travel on the same flight and over the same itinerary;
- (a) and (b) are subject to local regulation.
8.5 Firearms and Ammunitions: For reasons of safety and security, we do not permit the carriage of firearms or ammunitions on board our aircraft either as Baggage or surrendered to us for safe keeping on our scheduled flights.
8.6 Baggage Allowance:
8.6.1 ATR Operations: You may transport free of charge Checked Baggage up to a maximum weight of 20 kg subject to the conditions and limitations contained herein.
8.7 Excess Checked Baggage: You may not transport Baggage in excess of the specified baggage allowance. If, in our absolute discretion, Baggage in excess of the baggage allowance is accepted for carriage, you shall pay a charge for the carriage of that excess Baggage at the rates published by us (which rates may be changed or varied at any time and from time to time and will be available upon request and at our check-in counters).
Please refer to our Fees Schedule for the prevailing amount payable.
8.8 Sporting Equipment: We accept only golf set and scuba diving equipment as checked baggage subject to our Fees Schedule and Conditions of Contract.
8.9 Unchecked Baggage: Only one (1) piece of Baggage may be carried on board provided that it does not exceed the dimensions of 56cm X 36cm X 23cm and provided that it does not weigh more than 7kg. Such baggage must fit under the seat in front of you or in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin. Items determined by us to be of excessive weight or size or of an offensive nature will not be permitted on board.
8.10 Collection and Delivery of Baggage: You shall collect your Baggage as soon as it is available for collection at the assigned location. If you do not collect it within a reasonable time and Baggage needs to be stored at our premises, we may charge a storage fee. If Checked Baggage is not claimed within three (3) months of the time it was made available to you, we may dispose of it without first notifying your and without any liability to you whatsoever. Only the bearer of the Baggage Check delivered to the Passenger at the time the Baggage was checked is entitled to delivery of Baggage. If a person claiming the Baggage is unable to produce a Baggage Check for identification of the Baggage, we will deliver the Baggage to such person only on condition that he has proven to our satisfaction his right thereto, and if required by us, such person shall furnish adequate security to indemnify us for any loss, damage or expense which may be incurred by us as a result of such delivery. Acceptance of Baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Check without complaint at the time of delivery is evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage between us.
Version 1.8 (16 January 2015)