Refusal and Limitation of Carriage
7.1 Right to refuse carriage: We reserve the right to refuse carriage of you or your baggage or remove you or your baggage from the aircraft if, in the exercise of our reasonable discretion, we determine that:
- it is necessary for reasons of safety or security;
- it is necessary in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state or country to be flown from, into or over;
- your conduct, age or mental or physical condition or the physical condition of your baggage is such as to
- require special assistance or
- cause harm, discomfort or make yourself objectionable to other passengers or our crew or
- involve any hazard or risk to yourself or other persons or to property;
- you have committed misconduct on a previous flight or at any airport and such conduct may be repeated;
- you have not observed, or are likely to fail to observe, our instructions;
- you have refused to submit to a security check;
- the applicable fare or any charges or taxes payable have not been paid or payment therefore has been rejected;
- the payment of your fare is discovered to be fraudulent;
- you do not have the proper documents for travel;
- the booking of our Seat has been done fraudulently or unlawfully or has been purchased from us or a person not authorized by us;
- the credit card by which you paid for your fare has been reported lost or stolen;
- the Itinerary or booking or Ticket is a counterfeit or was fraudulently or unlawfully obtained;
- the Itinerary has been altered by anyone other than us or our authorized agent, or has been mutilated (in such cases, we reserve the right to retain such documentation);
- the person checking in or boarding cannot prove that he is the person named as the Passenger on the Ticket or is unable to satisfactorily prove that he is the legal guardian of the infant or children named in the Ticket (we also reserve the right to retain such Ticket in these circumstances); and/or
- you have asked the relevant government authorities for permission to enter a country in which you have landed as a transit passenger.
7.2 Unaccompanied Child: Child below the age of twelve (12) years on the date of travel will not be accepted for carriage unless they are accompanied by a person of at least eighteen (18) years of age.
7.3 Special Assistance:
7.3.1 We may, in our reasonable discretion, provide special assistance to passengers with disability and provide carriage to passengers with illness or a medical condition, subject to us first agreeing to provide such special assistance and carriage.
7.3.2 Passengers with illness or a medical condition must advise us of any special requirements and are required to produce a medical certificate at check-in confirming that they are fit to travel by flight. For safety of other passengers, we reserve the right to deny carriage of passengers suffering from infectious, contagious or chronic diseases.
7.3.3 Passengers requiring special assistance and passengers with illnesses or a medical condition must contact our call centre at least 48 hours before the scheduled flight departure to make prior arrangements with us for the type of special assistance required. Failure to notify us of your requirements may result in the service being unavailable on arrival at the airport and being denied carriage.
7.3.4 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, we may deny carriage if after having been advised of the Passenger’s illness or condition and having agreed to provide carriage, it is in our reasonable discretion that we determine that the Passenger’s illness or condition has been misrepresented to us (whether in good faith or otherwise) and/or is worse than previously informed.
7.3.5 Passenger requiring special assistance must travel with an able-bodied person (family or friend) whom can accompany and assist in cases where the passenger is not self-reliant and may pose a risk to his/her own safety and health. Where passenger is travelling with an accompanying passenger, we will do our best to ensure the accompanying passenger is seated next to the passenger.
7.3.6 We may charge a fee for providing any of the above mentioned special assistance requirements.
Please refer to our Fees Schedule for the prevailing amount payable.
7.4 Pregnant Passengers: Firefly will carry normal pregnancy passengers for both domestic and international destinations based on the following:
- Pregnancy of below 28 weeks - will be checked in as normal pax.
- Pregnancy of between 28 - 36 weeks - are required to declare their pregnancy and to complete and sign a Release and Indemnity Form.
- Pregnancy of above 36 weeks - will not be accepted for flight.
It is important that Pregnant Passengers are aware of the above clause when booking their flights, and, to accurately declare their pregnancy at the Check-in counter when checking in for flight.
7.5 Infants less than 8 days old: We reserve the right not to carry infants less than eight (8) days old. We may in our absolute discretion decide to carry such infants on our flights when such carriage is expressly sanctioned in writing by a medical practitioner and when the parent of the infant signs a limited liability statement.
7.6 Carriage of Pets/Animals: Pets or animals of any kind will not be accepted on our flights.
Version 1.8 (16 January 2015)