1.1 Meanings: In these General Conditions of Carriage, these particular expressions have the following meanings:
- “Airline Designator Code” means the letter and number code which identify a particular carrier.
- “ATR Operations” means operation of aircraft type ATR72.
- “Baggage” or “baggage” means your personal property accompanying you on your flight. Unless otherwise specified, it includes both your Checked and Unchecked Baggage;.
- “Baggage Check” means a document issued to Passenger by us as proof of receipt for Checked Baggage and which relate to the carriage of Checked Baggage and includes the Baggage Identification Tag.
- “Baggage Identification Tag” means a document issued by us solely for identification of Checked Baggage.
- “Charges” means the Passenger Service Charge, Administrative Charges, Fuel Surcharge and the Insurance Surcharge or any charges, which may be levied from time to time.
- “Checked Baggage” means baggage of which we take custody and for which we have issued a Baggage Identification Tag; it is also sometimes referred to as “registered baggage”.
- “Conditions of Contract” means those statements contained in or delivered with the Itinerary, identified as such and which incorporate by reference, these General Conditions of Carriage and notices available at our offices and check-in counters.
- “Convention” means whichever of the following instruments which are applicable:-
- The Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12 October 1929 (referred to as the Warsaw Convention);
- The Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague on 28 September 1955;
- The Warsaw Convention as amended by Additional Protocol No 1 of Montreal (1975);
- The Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague and by Additional Protocol No 2 of Montreal (1975);
- The Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague and by Additional Protocol No 4 of Montreal (1975);
- The Guadalajara Supplementary Convention signed at Guadalajara, 19 September 1961; or
- The Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air, signed at Montreal, 29 May 1999 (referred to as the Montreal Convention).
- “Damage” includes death, bodily injury to a passenger, delay, loss, partial loss or other damage, arising out of or in connection with carriage or other services incidental thereto performed by us.
- “Electronic Coupon” means an electronic flight coupon or other value document held in our database.
- “Electronic Ticket” means the Itinerary issued by us or on our behalf, the Electronic Coupon and if applicable, a boarding document.
- “Fees Schedule” means the schedule as published in our Website listing the prevailing surcharges, fees, taxes, processing fees and service charges, which may be amended from time to time.
- “General Conditions of Carriage” means these Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
- “Itinerary” or “Travel Itinerary” means the document we issue to Passenger that includes the Passenger’s name, flight information, booking number, Conditions of Contract and other notices, which we may include therein.
- “Passenger”, “you”, “your” and “yourself” means any person, except members of the crew, carried or to be carried in an aircraft with our consent and expressly named in a Ticket or Itinerary.
- “Route” means the flight from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination.
- “Seat” means a seat in our aircraft operated for your flight.
- “Tariff” means our fares and Charges published electronically or on paper.
- “Ticket” means the Itinerary and includes the Electronic Ticket and Electronic Coupon issued by us or on our behalf including the Conditions of Contract and notices.
- “Unchecked Baggage”, means any baggage other than Checked Baggage including all items brought by you into the aircraft cabin.
- “We”, “our”, “ourselves”, “us” and “Carrier” means Firefly.
- “Website” means the internet site www.fireflyz.com.my provided by us for making online bookings and to access information about us.
1.2 Captions: The title or caption of each Clause of these General Conditions of Carriage is for convenience only and is not to be used for interpretation of the text.
1.3 Language: The language of these General Conditions of Carriage is English and irrespective of publication of translations of these General Conditions of Carriage into other languages, English shall be the sole language used in the interpretation of these General Conditions of Carriage.
Version 1.9 (21 December 2015)