Frequently Asked Questions
- Changing flight details, flight re-time or delay
- Wheelchair assistance service
- Helping you manage sports equipment
- Checked-baggage allowance
- Buying Firefly flights through Malaysia Airlines
- Web Check-in
- Prepaid Change Fee
- Firefly Self-Service Recovery System
- Firefly Credit Account
- Meal Booking Service
- FPX payment
- Peugeot Lounge Service
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Is it free seating on the flights?
- Firefly will assign a seat to a passenger upon check-in. This is no guarantee that you will get the seat you want or that you’ll end up sitting with your entire party. To ensure you get the seat you want, make your selection for a fee when you purchase your ticket. Please refer to our fee schedule for the price of selecting a seat.
- How early do I need to check in for my flight?
- Generally, the check-in counters open one and a half hours before scheduled time of departure and close 30 minutes before scheduled time of departure. We advise passengers to arrive at the airport with sufficient time to check in.
- What if I need to travel today? Where can I get tickets?
- You can purchase a seat at www.fireflyz.com.my up to two (2) hours to scheduled time of departure. To make a purchase up to two (2) hours before scheduled time of departure, please contact the call centre at +603-7845 4543, or visit an airport or city ticketing office near you.
- For travel that is less than two (2) hours before scheduled time of departure, please visit an airport ticketing office - and allow sufficient time for check-in after making said purchase. Check-in counters close 30 minutes before scheduled time of departure.
- We’re travelling as a group, how do I book?
- You can make use of our Group Bookings service if your group has more than 9 passengers. Just email us at email@example.com with your itinerary details, number of passengers and telephone number and we will send you a quotation.
Changing flight details, flight re-time or delay
- How do I change my flight details?
- Name and date changes may be allowed, depending on the fare rules of the purchased ticket. Unfortunately, no changes to the routes will be allowed. You can contact our call centre at +603-7845 4543, or visit a city ticketing office for enquiries. Such changes will incur a fee as well as differences in fare, if any.
- What if my flight is delayed/ retimed/ rescheduled?
- We may change, cancel, reschedule or delay any flight that we reasonably consider to be justified because of circumstances beyond our control, or for safety or commercial reasons. Firefly shall endeavour to contact you in advance to inform you of the change in flight schedule, so it is very important that you give us accurate contact details to ensure that you receive our notification.
Wheelchair assistance service
- How do I inform Firefly that I require wheelchair assistance?
- We advise passengers who require wheelchair assistance to contact our call centre at +603-7845 4543 when you purchase your ticket to make the arrangements; acceptance of carriage is subject to our General Conditions of Carriage. This service is extended to all Firefly passengers free of charge.
- What if I forget to notify Firefly that I need wheelchair assistance before my flight?
- Firefly will do its best to meet the ad-hoc request for special or wheelchair assistance at the airport but this may take longer than usual or not be available due to constraints on resources. Additionally, the ad-hoc request for special or wheelchair assistance can only be granted if the passenger has, at point of purchasing ticket, declared that he or she has a medical or physical condition that needs special assistance. The ad-hoc request for special or wheelchair assistance can also be considered if at check-in, the passenger has a condition that requires it and there are available wheelchairs at that point in time.
Helping you manage sports equipment
- What is sports equipment handling fee?
- This refers to a nominal fee that Firefly charges for the carriage of water skiing equipment, scuba diving gear, and golf sets that weigh up to 20kg. These types of equipment are not considered part of a passenger’s checked-baggage allowance.
- What if my golf set weighs more than 20kg?
- Our usual excess-baggage fees will apply, as laid out in our fee schedule if it exceeds the baggage allowance purchased or offered.
- Will other sports equipment incur charges?
- Sports equipment other than scuba diving gear and golf sets are subject to excess-baggage fees, as laid out in our fee schedule.
- Is there a limit on the carriage of sports equipment?
- Sports equipment must not weigh more than 32kg – if a set of equipment weighs more than 32kg, it must be re-packed into two or more sets.
- Can I get a refund on sports equipment handling fee if I don’t use it?
- Firefly is unable to refund the sports equipment handling fee if it’s not utilised. Each passenger is entitled to one piece of sports equipment and passengers cannot pool their sports equipment allowance. Additionally, the fee cannot be transferred to another passenger.
- What is my checked-baggage allowance?
- Passengers are offered complimentary 20kg checked-baggage, which is subject to conditions and limitations; baggage that weighs more than 20kg will be charged excess baggage fees. To avoid this, purchase a heavier checked-baggage allowance when you buy your ticket.
- Checked-baggage that weighs more than the purchased weight allowance will incur excess-baggage fees. Learn more about our excess-baggage fees.
- My baggage is too small to be checked in. Can I carry it with me onboard?
- Only one piece of baggage may be hand-carried onboard provided that it does not exceed the dimensions of 56cm x 36cm x 23cm and does not weigh more than 7kg. The piece of hand-carry baggage must fit under the seat in front of you or in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin or it will be checked-in as checked baggage. If overweight, over-sized and extra hand baggage is found at the boarding gate, it will be checked in and a fee imposed.
- Items determined by us to be of excessive weight or size or of an offensive nature will not be permitted onboard. Firefly reserves the right to remove said item of excessive weight and size, and check into the baggage compartment.
- Can I buy extra checked-baggage?
- Yes. Extra checked-baggage rates must be booked and paid upon booking of flight. You can purchase through the call centre or city ticketing offices up to two hours before scheduled flight departure. You can also purchase from an airport ticketing office up to 30 minutes (domestic) or 45 minutes (international) before scheduled departure.
- Checked-baggage that weighs more than the purchased weight allowance will incur excess-baggage fees. Learn more about our excess-baggage fees.
- Is there a limit to the weight of each piece of baggage?
- Regardless of which checked-baggage allowance category you purchase, each piece of checked baggage cannot exceed 32kg in weight. For example, if you buy a checked-baggage allowance of 35kg, you may have two pieces of checked baggage that add up to 35kg or even exceed 35kg, in which case excess-baggage fees will apply, but you may not check in one piece of checked baggage that is heavier than 32kg.
- If I don’t use the entire checked-baggage allowance, can I get a refund?
- No, we’re unable to offer a refund in this instance.
- What if the actual baggage weight exceeds the weight category bought?
- If actual weight exceeds the weight category bought, standard excess-baggage fees will be charged to the difference.
- Can the checked-baggage allowance be transferred to another passenger?
- No, checked-baggage allowance is not transferable.
- Can I take perishable food or frozen seafood and meat on board the aircraft?
- No, we do not accept perishable food or frozen seafood and meat as checked baggage. You may, however, carry them onboard as hand-carry baggage provided these conditions are met:
- The perishable food or frozen seafood and meat are securely-packed (air- and water-tight) at the source.
- The container is within the hand-baggage weight and size limitations: 56cm x 36cm x 23cm and does not weigh more than 7kg.
- No more than 2.5kg of dry ice is used to pack the frozen food.
- Can I take plants or flowers on board the plane?
- No, we’re unable to accept any plant or plant product on international flights as checked-baggage or hand-carry baggage. This rule applies regardless of whether the plant is potted in soil, or has roots or seeds. For more information, please contact our call centre at +603-7845 4543 or a ticketing office
- Who can use web check-in?
- Any passenger travelling within Malaysia or between Malaysia and Singapore can enjoy web check-in except those travelling with infants or require special assistance. Pregnant women can also enjoy web check-in; she would need to sign a Limited Liability Statement as provided under our General Conditions of Carriage and this should be done at point of document check.
- Passengers with reduced mobility and require special assistance, or are travelling with infants need to check in at the check-in counters.
- Where can I use web check-in?
- Currently, for all Firefly flights within Malaysia, and to and from Singapore only.
- What do I require to perform web check-in?
- To check in online, you’ll need access to a computer, stable internet connection, a printer and A4 paper. Please have your Confirmation Number (you can obtain this from your Firefly Flight Itinerary or Reference number for Code Share fights), departure and arrival destinations at hand to retrieve your reservation to perform check-in. Boarding passes must be printed on A4 paper, a soft copy is not valid.
- Must I check in all passengers in one reservation at the same time?
- No, if the reservation has more than one passenger, a list of names will be displayed. Passenger can check in whomever they wish at the time. The other passengers can check in at a later time, up to 1 (ONE) hour before scheduled time of departure.
- What is the maximum number of passengers I can check in each time?
- The maximum number of passengers you can check in each time is 9 (nine).
- What happens if the computer hangs or internet connection is lost during online check in?
- If your web check-in is successful, you’ll be able to print your boarding pass; once your internet connection or computer is restored, attempt to RE-PRINT your boarding pass. If you’re unable to print it, perform the online check-in process again.
- How early can I web check-in?
- Firefly passengers can check in online at the earliest 14 days and at the latest 1 (ONE) hour before scheduled time of departure. Code share passengers can check-in online as early as 24 hours up to 1 (ONE) hour prior to the scheduled departure time.
- After checking in online, when do I need to be at the airport?
- All passengers with or without checked baggage:
Proceed to Flight Information Display System (FIDS) to check / verify your boarding gate number.
- Passengers on domestic flights without checked baggage:
Proceed to the boarding gate with boarding pass and positive identification such as passport and MyKad at least 10 minutes before scheduled time of departure for document check. The boarding gate will close 10 minutes before scheduled time of departure, after which we would not accept passengers for boarding.
- Passengers on domestic flights with checked baggage:
Proceed to check-in counters with boarding pass and positive identification such as passport and MyKad at least 30 minutes before scheduled time of departure to drop off baggage and document check.
- Passengers on flights into Singapore:
Proceed to check-in counters with boarding pass and passport at least 30 minutes before scheduled time of departure to drop off baggage and perform document check.
- Passengers on flights out of Singapore
- Proceed to web check-in counter at Terminal 2 for document verification with passport at least 45 minutes before scheduled time of departure and drop of baggage (if any). The counter will close 45 minutes before scheduled time of departure, after which we would not be able to perform document checks or accept checked baggage.
- What if I’ve lost my boarding pass after I printed it?
- Go to the Online Web Check-in link at www.fireflyz.com.my to RE-PRINT your boarding pass or proceed to check-in counter for assistance at least 30 minutes before scheduled time of departure.
- What happens if there is a flight change after I’ve checked in?
- All passengers are advised to check the Flight Information Display System (FIDS) as soon as they arrive at their departing terminal for the latest info on their flights such as boarding gate number and scheduled time of departure.
- If there is a flight time change:
Retain your boarding pass, you don’t need to check in again. Proceed to document check or baggage drop off (if applicable)
- If there is a flight cancellation:
A Firefly staff will notify you via text message, email or telephone with new travel details, please proceed to check in again with your new travel details. If you could not be contacted with new travel details prior to your arrival at the airport, you can seek assistance at the check-in counter on day of departure.
Prepaid Change Fee
- What is a Prepaid Change Fee?
- A Prepaid Change Fee is a fee imposed on passengers who wish to change his/her flight date or flight time.
- What does a Prepaid Change Fee cover?
- A Prepaid Change Fee allows a passenger to change his/her flight date or flight time; a passenger would still need to pay the fare difference (if any) on their changes for their respective flight(s).
- What is the difference between Prepaid Change Fee and Flight Change Fee?
- If a passenger were to buy the Prepaid Change Fee, he/she would pay far less than the Flight Change Fee. To see the difference between the Prepaid Change Fee and Flight Change Fees, visit our Fee Schedule
- If I buy a return ticket, can I change my flight date or time for both my outbound and inbound flight?
- No. The Prepaid Change Fee is only applicable for a one-time change only, i.e. either inbound or outbound, and either flight date change or flight time change.
- When can I purchase the Prepaid Change Fee?
- The Prepaid Change Fee can be purchased outside of forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time.
- How many times would I be able to change my flight or time?
- With the Prepaid Change Fee, a passenger would be allowed to change his/her flight date or flight time for one (1) time only, i.e. one flight date or one flight time change only.
- Where would I be able to change my flight date or time?
- If a passenger purchases the Prepaid Change Fee online via www.fireflyz.com.my during their flight booking process, they can make the appropriate changes by calling Firefly’s call centre at:
- Phone number: +60 (3) 7845 4543
(Operating Hours: Daily 8:00am – 9:00pm)
- Please present your Flight Reservation Number (PNR) listed on the Firefly Flight Itinerary. The passenger can also call this number if he/she has any other questions concerning the Prepaid Change Fee.
- If I purchase a Prepaid Change Fee online and don’t use it, will I be able to get a refund?
- No. Once your Prepaid Change Fee is confirmed, it cannot be cancelled and is not refundable.
- What happens if my flight is cancelled or re-timed after I have made the change?
- The Prepaid Change Fee will not be refunded. Firefly will, however, carry the passenger at the earliest opportunity on another scheduled service or if the passenger elects to travel at another time, he/she may retain the value of his/her fare (not including the Prepaid Change Fee) in a credit account and re-book within three (3) months.
- How do I know if my Prepaid Change Fee is confirmed?
- Once payment has been made through www.fireflyz.com.my together with your flight bookings, your Firefly Flight Itinerary, which will be sent to you via email will contain a confirmation of the Prepaid Change Fee.
- Can I do my changes anytime?
- No, a passenger is only allowed to make the changes up to two (2) hours prior to their scheduled flight departure time.
You can now self-service your flight re-accommodation with Firefly Self-Service Recovery System for flight cancellation. If your flights have been cancelled, you will receive an SMS from our team to advise how you can re-accommodate your flight to another date or time.
- What is Firefly Self-Service Recovery System about?
We are pleased to launch an application that will allow you to process your flight cancellation and re-accommodation with no penalty imposed as a result of changes to schedule by Firefly. You can manage your bookings via https://booking.fireflyz.com.my/RetrieveBooking.aspx?culture=en-US
- When will I know about interruptions to my flight?
An SMS will be sent to your registered phone number with instructions on how you can re-accommodate your flight. So it is important that you keep your contact details up to date in your Firefly member profile and your booking profile.
- When can I proceed to make changes to the booking?
As soon as you receive an SMS from Firefly, you may proceed to make your changes.
- I haven't received an SMS even though I know my flight is being moved or cancelled. What should I do?
Please contact our call centre at +603 7845 4543 from 8am – 9pm daily (GMT +8). You will need to provide your booking reference number and contact details.
- I'm unable to change my flight online, what do I do?
Please contact our call centre +603 7845 4543 from 8am – 9pm daily (GMT +8). You will need to provide your booking reference number and contact details.
- Can I process changes for my group booking in one go?
No – if you are travelling in a group of 10 and above.
- If we made a group booking under one PNR, can we split and then change our flights separately?
No – any changes you make will apply to all travelers in the group. If you need to split the booking and process changes separately, you will need to contact our Call Centre to process these options for you.
- Will my pre-booked seats, baggage and insurance be retained?
Yes – your baggage and insurance options will remain as per usual. You may need to reselect your seat. The system will prompt you to do this. Even if your insurance coverage period has changed, we will still cover you for the revised period based on your new booking, at no extra cost.
- What happens if there are no more preferred or desired seats left?
As per our Terms & Conditions, if flight has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control or in cases of aircraft change for operational reasons, the airline will make its best efforts to place the traveler in the same or similar seat on the alternate flight. Fees are non-refundable.
- When I am moving my flight, why can't I get the flight I want?
If you are moving your flight to an earlier or later date, it may need to meet certain time frames, depending on what you have been advised. E.g. it may need to fall within 3 days before or after your original booking date. Alternatively, it means that our other flights are full. Do try other combination of dates.
- Can I change to completely different departure & arrival destinations?
This is not part of our standard service recovery option.
- What if I want to change my options again?
Once change is finalised, you will not be able to change your flight free of charge.
- If I haven't finished and my session times out, can I go back into Firefly Self-Service Recovery System?
Yes you can.
- Can I pay with Visa, MasterCard or Amex for all currencies?
Yes, Visa, MasterCard and Amex are accepted for all currencies available on www.fireflyz.com.my. Maybank2U, CIMB Clicks, FPX Payment and Firefly’s Voucher can be accepted for MYR transaction only.
- What are the available currencies?
Currencies available are MYR, USD, AUD, EUR, GBP, IDR, THB and SGD. Fares and charges are payable in the currency prescribed with our published fares unless otherwise specifically stated by us.
- How to get the latest conversion rate?
Please be advised that the amount quoted may be an estimated amount. The amount charged to your credit card may differ due to the currency CROSS-BORDER transaction. Please refer with your respective issuing banks for currency conversion rate and cross border charges.
- What currency will I be charged when making an online purchase?
You will be charged for the currency that you have selected during the time of booking.
- Are there any additional charges for using an international credit card?
Some issuing bank may impose additional charges on all CROSS-BORDER transactions performed on Firefly’s website. CROSS-BORDER transactions are defined as transactions in which the counter of the cardholder bank differs from the country of the merchant. As per Visa and MasterCard rules and regulations, all issuing banks have to inform their cardholders if there are any such CROSS-BORDER charges. Kindly liaise with your respective issuing banks if you wish to seek more clarification.
- I see local currency MYR in my itinerary. Why it is not being charged according to the currency that I have paid via Firefly's website?
All the transactions will be billed / charged according to our local currency in Malaysia. However, you will able to find the total amount in the currency that you paid during online purchase.
- We may reschedule and/or cancel, divert, postponed or delay any flight where we reasonably consider to be justified by circumstances beyond our control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasons. In such an event, guest can either:
a. Catch the new available flight without additional charges; or
b. Retain the value of the fare in MYR for your future travel provided that you must re-book within the next 3 months through our Call Centre at +603 7845 4543 (8am to 9pm daily).
- What are my refund options if I do not wish to fly after purchasing a flight or if I could not show up for flight?
Booking cannot be cancelled and the payment you made is not refundable once your booking is confirmed. However, you can get a refund on airport taxes. The airport tax refund may only be processed after the date of departure.
- I made a booking and received the itinerary but the status says “Pending”. What should I do?
Please log in to “Manage My Booking” and check the status of your booking. If the status has changed to “Pending”, please contact your bank to check if any transaction has occurred. Please contact our Call Centre at +603 7845 4543 (8am to 9pm daily) if there is no payment transaction after checking with your bank.
- What is Firefly Credit Account?
A credit account that retains the value of your fare for future travel in the event your flight is rescheduled due to commercial reasons.
- How do I access my credit account?
To access your credit account, please login with your Firefly member ID via www.fireflyz.com.my and then click on "Credit Account" on the left column. If you are not a Firefly member, an ID will be created for you and you will be duly notified.
- How do I utilize my credit account?
To utilize your credit account, please login with your Firefly member ID via www.fireflyz.com.my, click on "Book a Flight" and proceed with your booking. At the payment details page, select "Credit Account" from the payment method tab to utilize the credit account.
If the available credit account is less than the total amount of the new booking, you can pay the difference by other payment method such as Credit Card, Firefly Voucher or Direct Debit. In the event available credit account fund is more than the total amount of the new booking, it can be used for future booking(s) before the expiry date.
- When can I utilize my credit account?
A credit account is valid for three (3) months from the date of creation, and if the balance or full amount is not utilized within the aforementioned months, the amount will then be forfeited. You may check your credit account fund expiry date and transaction history by clicking on “Account Summary” on the left column after login with your Firefly member ID via www.fireflyz.com.my You will be directed to the following page.
Meal Booking Service
- How do I book my meal?
- Passenger(s) would be able to book their meal(s) during the flight booking process on www.fireflyz.com.my.
Passenger(s) would also be able to book their meal(s) AFTER they have purchased their flight through Firefly's Manage My Booking section.
- Will I be able to purchase my meal through Firefly's Call Center/Ticketing Office?
- No. At the moment, booking(s) of meal(s) is/are only available on www.fireflyz.com.my or Firefly's Manage My Booking. Efforts are being made to extend this to Firefly's Call Center's/Ticketing Offices in the near future.
- Is this meal provided for FREE by Firefly?
- No. The meal(s) is/are provided by Circle K (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd in collaboration with Firefly. Passenger(s) would be able to purchase their meal(s) through a selection of meal(s) option provided by Circle K (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd on www.fireflyz.com.my (during the flight booking(s) process or at Firefly's Manage My Booking)
- Is my meal served on board the aircraft?
- No. Passenger(s) would be able to collect their meal(s) purchased on www.fireflyz.com.my at Firefly's partnered meal provider, Circle K (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, which is located just opposite Firefly's Check-In counters at the Subang Skypark terminal airport.
- Where can I collect my meal?
- Passenger(s) would be able to collect their meal(s) purchased on www.fireflyz.com.my at Firefly's partnered meal provider, Circle K (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, which is located just opposite Firefly’s Check-In counters at the Subang Skypark terminal airport.
- Can I take my meal on board the Firefly aircraft?
- Yes. As a collaboration strategy with Circle K, passenger(s) who purchased their meal(s) through www.fireflyz.com.my would be able to take their purchased meal(s) on board the Firefly aircraft. Please note that all meal(s), including drink(s) is/are NOT allowed to be checked-in with passenger(s) baggage(s) and only permitted through hand carry. Having said that, meal(s) and drink(s) through hand carry would still need to undergo security screening by the airport security authorities during passenger(s) regular screening process.
- Can I heat my food on the plane?
- No. Passenger(s) will not be able to request for heating of their meals during the flight.
- Does my meal come with cutleries and will this be an issue in regards to security is I were to take my meal on board the Firefly aircraft?
- All meal(s) purchased by passenger(s) on www.fireflyz.com.my do come with plastic cutleries and passenger(s) would be able to take it on board the aircraft. Having said that, once again, meal(s) and drink(s) through hand carry would still need to undergo security screening by the airport security authorities during passenger(s) regular screening process
- How soon can I book my meal?
- Passenger(s) would be able to book their meal(s) on www.fireflyz.com.my any time before 48 hours of their flight departure date and time. This would include through Firefly's Manage my Booking as well.
- How many meals can I purchase online?
- For each selection of meal(s) on www.fireflyz.com.my, passenger(s) would be allowed up to two (2) purchases per meal.
- How do I know my meal is booked/purchased and what documents do I need to have as proof of purchase for my meal?
- At the bottom of the travel itinerary (as shown below) will be displayed the meal(s) and amount purchased. Passenger(s) would need to have their travel itinerary with them (soft or hard copy) to show the proof of purchase.
- Will I be able to book my meal(s) from any departure airport destination(s) of Firefly?
- At the moment, booking(s) of meal(s) on www.fireflyz.com.my is/are only available from Ex-Subang. Efforts are being made to extend this to all of our hubs in the near future.
- Once I've booked my meal(s), can I make any changes?
- Once meal(s) have been booked on www.fireflyz.com.my , passenger(s) won’t be able to make any further changes to their meal(s). However, additional meal(s) can be purchased through Firefly’s Manage My Booking 48 hours before passenger(s) departure date and time.
- If I were to cancel my flight, would I be able to get a refund for my meal booking?
- No. All meal(s) booking(s) made by passenger(s) on www.fireflyz.com.my are final. If Passenger(s) fail to travel on the flight booked, the booking for meal(s) will lapse and not be substitutable for other flights. However, meal(s) purchased on www.fireflyz.com.my is/are valid for one (1) day from the date of departure and passenger(s) can collect your meals at the Circle K (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd outlet at Subang Skypark terminal airport.
- If Firefly cancel's my flight and I don't want the next option on a scheduled flight, can I request for a refund for my meal?
- No. However, meal(s) purchased through www.fireflyz.com.my is/are valid for one (1) day from the date of departure and passenger(s) can collect their meals at the Circle K (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd outlet at Subang Skypark terminal airport.
- If I change my flight, will I still be able to get my meal(s)?
- If you have changed your flight, we would do our very best to allocate the same meal(s) for you or provide you replacement meal(s) as equivalent to the value of your meal(s). Having said that, please note we cannot guarantee you the meal(s) but if failure to do so, we will either refund your meal by issuing a meal voucher. Please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org with all your details.
- What happens if my flight is re-timed?
- In the unlikely event that the passenger(s) flight is re-timed, meal(s) purchased through www.fireflyz.com.my is/are valid for one (1) day from the date of departure and passenger(s) can go anytime within those dates to collect their meal(s).
- If I have a question in regards to my meal, who do I contact?
- All issues and inquiries pertaining to the meal(s) sold on www.fireflyz.com.my are the responsibility of our partnered online meal provider, Circle K (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. Passenger(s) can contact them directly at email@example.com
- If I would like to give my feedback on the food and services, who shall I contact?
- We welcome all feedbacks in regards to the food and services. Passenger(s) may write to Firefly directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is Circle K (M) Sdn Bhd food Halal-certified by JAKIM?
- Circle K (M) Sdn Bhd is Halal-certified by JAKIM. All food products used in preparation of the Meals, such as chicken and beef, are Halal-certified.
- Are the food products served suitable for Muslim consumption in accordance with Shariah principles?
- All food products are pork-free (no pork or pork derivatives used). There are no added alcohol in any of the food products.
- What is FlyPremier?
- FlyPremier provides each passenger with travel flexibility and other benefits on all Firefly destinations.
Benefits are as follows:
- 30kg checked baggage allowance
- Free seat selection (Preferred & Desired Seats are subject to availability)
- Priority baggage
- One (1) free Flight Change up to two (2) hours to scheduled time of departure. Waiver of change fee and fare differences may apply.
- Earn Enrich miles
- Firefly Biz Zone Access (only available in Subang Skypark Terminal)
- Can I book the FlyPremier at any time?
- FlyPremier fare is available for flights up to two (2) hours to scheduled time of departure.
- Where can I book the FlyPremier?
- FlyPremier is only available via Firefly Online Booking Service; http://www.fireflyz.com.my
- What is Priority baggage?
- You will be entitled to have your check-in baggage affix with the Priority Baggage Tag which allows for fast delivery of the check-in baggage at arrival.
- Where is Firefly Biz Zone?
- Firefly Biz zone is located at Subang Skypark Terminal, mezzanine floor where you can enjoy free Wifi, coffee and snacks.
- What should I do if my checked baggage is over the 30kg complimentary allowance?
- You can purchase extra checked baggage during your booking or through ‘Manage Booking’, an Airport or City Ticketing Office or contact our Call Centre at least two (2) hours before the scheduled time of departure.
- Is FlyPremier available for all Firefly destinations?
- Yes, FlyPremier is available on all Firefly destinations.
- What do I have to pay if I want to do a second Flight Change?
- If you have utilised your one free Flight Change, you will have to pay the Flight Change fee and fare difference, if any, for any subsequent changes.
- Can I change my routes/destination?
- No, route/destination changes are strictly prohibited on a confirmed booking.
- Can I use an E- Voucher for FlyPremier?
- Yes, an E-Gift Voucher can be used for FlyPremier.
- Can I earn Enrich miles for FlyPremier?
- Yes, you can earn Enrich miles.
- Can I do a Name Change with the FlyPremier?
- No, Name Change is strictly prohibited on a confirmed booking.
- Am I allowed to make a Flight Change for a flight that I have missed?
- No, once you have missed the flight you will need to purchase a new flight ticket. The fare and fee paid for the previous flight(s) will be forfeited.
- Can I cancel my FlyPremier booking?
- Booking(s) cannot be cancelled once confirmed and tariff paid is non-refundable.
- If my meeting ends early and I want to change to an earlier flight, can I just turn up at the airport?
- Yes, you may. Kindly proceed to our Airport Ticketing Office at least one (1) hour before the scheduled time of departure. If you have utilised your one (1) free Flight Change, you will have to pay the Flight Change fee and fare difference, if any.
- If I have already checked in my FlyPremier flight, can I still change my flight?
- Yes, you may. You may change your flight through any of our Airport or City Ticketing Offices or Call Centre at least two (2) hours before the scheduled time of departure.
- I have purchased a regular/promo fare but now I want to upgrade to the FlyPremier, is this possible?
- Yes, you may. However, you will need to pay the change fee and fare difference.
- I am on the FlyPremier. However, my partner/travelling companion is travelling on a regular/promo fare. Can we all enjoy the FlyPremier benefits?
- No, the benefits are only available to the passenger who has purchased the FlyPremier.
- What is FPX ?
- FPX Services is a payment gateway that allows you to make real time online payments using your current or savings account. All you need is an Internet banking account with any of FPX participating banks.
- What are the participating banks for FPX?
- CIMB Bank (CIMB Click)
- Hong Leong Bank
- Maybank (Maybank2U)
- Public Bank
- RHB Bank
- Are there any charges for payments via FPX?
- At no cost.
- What is the operating hour for FPX?
- FPX service is available 24 hours daily. However, FPX service is also dependent on the participating banks’ Internet Banking service availability.
- What is the maximum transaction limit?
- General maximum amount is limited up to RM30,000 per transaction. However the limit is subject to your Internet banking transaction limit, whichever is lower.
- Who do I call to enquire about my transaction status?
- You required to contact the bank that you have made payment from to enquire your payment status. The bank will liaise with you in case of any dispute.
- What reference should I use to identify my FPX transactions?
- You can refer to the FPX Transaction ID found in your FPX browser.
- How to use FPX?
- You has to ensure the pop-up blocker is disabled.
- Select FPX as your payment option at Firefly Website www.fireflyz.com.my
- Select your preferred bank and you will be directed to the internet banking log-in page.
- Once the transaction is successful, you will receive flight itinerary, separate notification from FPX and your bank.
How do I book Peugeot Lounge Service?
- How do I book Peugeot Lounge Service?
- Passenger(s) would be able to book Peugeot Lounge Service during the flight booking process on http://www.fireflyz.com.my
- Is this Peugeot Lounge Service provided for FREE by Firefly?
- No. The service is provided by Peugeot Lounge in collaboration with Firefly. Passenger(s) would be able to purchase the Peugeot Lounge service through an option provided on http://www.fireflyz.com.my (during the flight booking(s) process or at Firefly’s manage My Booking)
- How much do I have to pay for Peugeot lounge?
- Passenger(s) will have to pay an amount of RM 25 for the usage of the lounge via http://www.fireflyz.com.my. For walk-in customers, you will be charge RM 50.
- Will I still be able to book Peugeot Lounge after I have purchased my flight?
- Passenger(s) would also be able to book Peugeot Lounge Service AFTER they have purchased their flight through Firefly’s call centre at 03 7845 4543 or Firefly’s Manage My Booking section.
- When can I book the Peugeot Lounge Service?
- Passenger(s) would be able to book the Peugeot Lounge on http://www.fireflyz.com.my any time before 2 hours of their flight departure date and time. This would include through Firefly’s Manage my booking as well.
- How soon can I book the Peugeot Lounge Service?
- Passenger(s) would be able to book the Peugeot Lounge on http://www.fireflyz.com.my any time before 2 hours of their flight departure date and time. This would include through Firefly’s Manage my booking as well.
- How do I know if I have booked/purchased Peugeot Lounge and what documents do I need to have as proof of purchase of my booking?
- At the bottom of the travel itinerary, there will be a code displaying the Peugeot Lounge and amount purchased. Passenger(s) would need to have their travel itinerary and boarding pass with them (soft or hard copy) to show the proof of purchase.
- Once I have booked/purchased the Peugeot Lounge service, can I make any changes?
- Once your booking is confirmed it cannot be cancelled and is non-refundable. However, should you change your flight time and flight date, the booking of your Peugeot Lounge will follow suit.
- Once I have booked/purchased Peugeot Lounge Service, how soon can I enter and use the Peugeot Lounge service?
- Once booking is confirmed, passenger(s) may enter the Peugeot Lounge within 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure from or upon arrival at Subang Skypark terminal airport (“Subang Airport”) during operational hours which is from 6.00a.m. until 8.00p.m.
- Where is the Peugeot Lounge?
- Peugeot Lounge is located on the 1st Floor, above secret recipe at Subang Airport located near the main exit of the Airport where the Arrival and Departure Hall are situated.
- Will I be able to book this Peugeot Lounge service from any departure airport destination(s) of Firefly?
- Yes. Booking is available for flights departing from or arriving to Subang Airport ONLY. The Peugeot Lounge is available at Subang Airport ONLY.
- Upon entering the Peugeot Lounge, what will I need to bring as proof of purchase of my booking?
- Passenger(s) would need to show the identification document (which includes MyKad, MyKid, passport or such other valid identification documentation), travel itinerary and boarding pass with them (soft copy or hard copy) for Peugeot Lounge to verify the proof of purchase. Please be advised that Peugeot Lounge reserves the right to refuse entry in the event that passenger does not have the required documentation as mentioned.
- How long will I be able to use the Peugeot Lounge?
- Passenger(s) may use the Peugeot Lounge services within 24 hours from the time of entry during operational hours. This is from 6.00a.m. until 8.00p.m. For example,
(i) if a passenger is departing from Subang Airport at 10.00a.m., the passenger may enter Peugeot Lounge at 7.00am onwards until 8.00p.m. Passenger can re-enter the following day from 6.00a.m. until 6.59 a.m. only as it is within 24 hours from the time of entry.
(ii) if a passenger is arriving at Subang Airport at 4.00p.m., the passenger may enter Peugeot Lounge at 4.00pm onwards until 8.00p.m. Passenger can re-enter the following day from 6.00a.m. until 3.59p.m. only as it is within 24 hours from the time of entry.
- Does that mean I can re-enter the next day without additional costs as long as it is within 24 hours?
- Yes. Passenger(s) may use the Peugeot Lounge services without any further costs as long as the passenger re-enters within 24 hours, during operational hours, from the time of entry as clearly illustrated above.
- What happens if my flight is re-timed?
- No. In the unlikely event that the passenger(s) flight is re-scheduled exceeding the 24-hour period and if the passenger(s) has already entered the Peugeot Lounge, then the passenger CANNOT re-enter the Peugeot Lounge since the 24-hour period has lapsed.
- If I were to cancel my flight, would I be able to get a refund for booking of the Peugeot Lounge?
- No. The booking made by passenger(s) on http://www.fireflyz.com.my is final. If Passenger(s) fail to travel on the flight booked, the booking of the lounge will lapse and not be substitutable for other flights.
- If Firefly cancel's my flight and I don’t want the next option on a scheduled flight, can I request for a refund for my booking purchased?
- Yes, in these circumstances, the Passenger(s) would be entitled for a refund. Passenger(s) is advised to email Firefly customer service at email@example.com
- Can Peugeot Lounge still refuse my entry even if I have a valid booking and have all the required documentation as proof of purchase?
- Yes. Unfortunately, Peugeot Lounge is subject to occupancy capacity limitations. Entry to the Peugeot Lounge shall be permitted on a “first come, first served” basis and if in the unlikely event the space allocated for admittance reaches full capacity, Peugeot Lounge shall have the right to refuse passenger(s) entry.
- If Peugeot Lounge refuses my entry due to full occupancy capacity, what should I do?
- In the unlikely event that the Peugeot Lounge reaches its full occupancy capacity, passenger(s) is advised to return at a different time (i) within 3 hours from the scheduled flight departure; or (ii) within the same day of the time of arrival at Subang Airport.
- If Peugeot Lounge refuses my entry due to full occupancy capacity and I do not want to return at a different time, can I get a refund?
- Yes. In the unlikely event that Peugeot Lounge reaches its full occupancy capacity, passenger(s) may alternatively request for a refund. However, passenger(s) must inform Peugeot Lounge that the passenger(s) is requesting for a refund. If not, passenger(s) is deemed to be recorded as “No-show” and no refund will be entertained.
- If I would like to give my feedback on the food and services of Peugeot lounge, who shall I contact?
- We welcome all feedbacks in regards to the food and services. Passenger(s) may write to Firefly directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If I have a question in regards to Peugeot Lounge, who do I contact?
- All issues and inquiries pertaining to Peugeot Lounge sold on http://www.fireflyz.com.my are the responsibility of Peugeot Lounge. Passenger(s) can contact them directly at N.Ravi , Lounge Operations Manager at 012-3534151 or email@example.com.
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- What is Goods and Services Tax (GST)?
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) which is also known as Value Added Tax (VAT) in other countries is a tax on final domestic consumption. GST is charged on all taxable supplies of goods and services in Malaysia except those specifically exempted.
- When will GST be implemented?
- GST will be implemented with effect from 1st April 2015.
- What is the rate of GST?
- The GST rate is fixed at 6% of the value of the goods and services.
- Are Firefly and Firefly Holiday considered ‘GST‐registered’ company?
- Yes. Firefly and Firefly Holiday are GST-registered Companies and the registration details are as below;
Company Name GST Registration Number FlyFirefly Sdn Bhd (346606-K) 000027508736 FlyFirefly Holiday Sdn Bhd (780113-P) 002043822080
- What is a ‘Tax Invoice’ and why do I need one?
- A Tax Invoice acts as a supporting document for GST registered individuals or business customers of Firefly in order to claim back the GST amount from the Royal Malaysian Customs (Customs). The valid Tax Invoice is issued by Firefly in the name of the individual or business customer and contains the information required under the GST regulations.
- When will I get my ‘full Tax Invoice’ for charges or fees imposed by the Firefly?
- The full Tax Invoice will be issued by Firefly to all passengers on a transactional basis. Each passenger needs to obtain the invoices through Firefly’s website; https://gst.fireflyz.com.my by themselves.
- If a passenger purchases a flight ticket via online using his or her credit card for business travel, can the passenger request for the Tax Invoice to be issued under the company’s name?
- Yes. The passenger can log-in to www.fireflyz.com.my; Manage Booking to update/amend Company’s address and then obtain the invoices through Firefly’s website; https://gst.fireflyz.com.my.
- Is GST applicable when I redeem Enrich miles on a Firefly flight?
- Yes. GST will be applicable for the Surcharges and Taxes when involving Domestic sector.
- What is ‘Credit Note’ and how will I get my Credit Note from Firefly?
- Credit Note is issued by Firefly when the amount previously invoiced is reduced or a transaction is cancelled. For example, the passenger requests for refund for service or flight in the event of flight disruption. The passenger can obtain the Credit Note via Firefly’s website; https://gst.fireflyz.com.my.
- In the event of a flight cancellation/retiming, can I claim the GST that was paid for the airfare/services?
- Firefly will offer a credit account or refund for the payment of airfare and services and the corresponding GST paid followed with a Credit Note.
Registered GST passenger needs to claim back the paid GST amount from the Royal Malaysian Customs (Customs).
- What is ‘Debit Note’ and how can I get the copy from Firefly?
- Debit Note is issued by Firefly when the amount previously invoiced is increased for the same service. For example, when the passenger changes his or her flight and incurs fare difference or add-in any special service after the booking is confirmed. Passenger can obtain the copy via Firefly’s website; https://gst.fireflyz.com.my.
- If a flight ticket is purchased before 1st April 2015 but the travel date is after 1st April 2015, can the passenger request for Tax Invoice from Firefly?
- Yes. For booking created before 1st April 2015, the passenger can get the invoice with fee excluding GST from Firefly’s website; https://gst.fireflyz.com.my.
- Is GST charged for Airport Tax?
- Airport Tax which is collected by Firefly from passengers on behalf of MAHB (Malaysian Airport Holdings Berhad) will be charged GST at 6% for all domestic or international (depart from Malaysia airport only) flights. However, flights departing from Langkawi will be exempted from this charge.
- I have purchased a Domestic flight (Eg: SZB-PEN) before 1st April 2015, and I would like to add-on extra check-in baggage allowance and Firefly Express Meal after 1st April 2015, do I have to pay GST for the add-ons?
- Yes, you will be charged 6% GST for the add-ons.
- Should I change my flight (Eg: SZB-PEN) after 1st April 2015, will this incur a 6% of GST?
- Flight changes made to Malaysian domestic travel from 1st April 2015 will be charged 6% GST. If you are changing your flight date and/or time, the 6% GST will be charged on the change fee and fare difference. Please note that any additional add-on will also be applicable for 6% GST.
- I have purchased an International flight (Eg: PEN-KBV) before 1st April 2015, and I would like to add on extra check-in baggage allowance after 1st April 2015, do I have to pay GST for the add-ons?
- As International flights are zero-rated, your add-on’s made after 1st April 2015 are also zero-rated, thus no GST will be collected by Firefly.
- Should I change my flight (Eg: PEN-KBV) after 1st April 2015, will I be charged 6% GST?
- As international flights are zero-rated, there will not be any GST charge on the fare difference.
- Can I get a refund on the GST amount (6%) on my fares, fees or add-ons if I miss the flight?
- No, you will not get a refund on GST (6%) on fares, fees or add-ons as the GST has to be paid to the Government once your booking is confirmed.
However, we shall refund the airport tax and GST paid on the Airport Tax only. The refund is subject to a refund penalty charge with 0% GST.